Social media is ever-evolving and has numerous applications that have yet to be explored. To remain relevant, business owners must grow and evolve with social media.
There are a few ways for people to remain relevant by incorporating some of the following tools and concepts into their strategy:
1. Establish a Social Media Account
Many people with social media accounts have established themselves as experts in their given industry. When business owners need advice on their businesses, they can log into a social media account such as Twitter and find an expert hosting a news feed on a topic that is relevant to their question. Twitter and other social media tools can be an excellent source of information if conversing with people more knowledgeable than you.
Facebook and Pinterest are other social media tools are useful and necessary to remain relevant. Business people should also have a Facebook and Pinterest account to interact with customers and keep them informed of the latest about their products or services. Constant contact will keep customers interested and loyal.
2. Gain Exposure For Your Company
Social media can help companies gain exposure and find leads. Many companies use social media to offer discounts, promotions and sweepstakes to entice new customers and retain old customers. Customers are more apt to buy more products and services when they receive discounts and feel appreciated. Promotions and sweepstakes offered through social media will help to retain loyal customers and recruit new customers.
3. Use Social Media for Customer Relationship Management
The new millennium generation prefers social media to other modes of contact. Social media is easier, and it helps them feel connected to a larger community. Marketers who do not engage their audience in the forum they prefer will not reach their full earning potential. For instance, customer relationship management has evolved to include social media tools, such as Facebook and Twitter, because the contact is brief and immediate.
The new millennium generation prefers to resolve issues in this forum because they are already logged into the tool and conversing with their friend, family and colleagues. It is easier to migrate to a company’s social media page to resolve issues when he or she is already there. Businesses need this functionality to remain relevant in the business world.
4. Go Out and Network
Business people should go out and network at social events, conferences, seminars and other places. Tweet Ups are designed for Tweeters to come together and discuss their Twitter feeds. The Tweet Ups may involve discussions related to successful Tweeting and how to gain followers.
How to Measure Volume of Traffic
Google Analytics allows users to measure the following:
1. The Amount of Traffic That Reaches the Website: When marketers know the amount of traffic that reaches a website, they can determine if the marketing strategy is working or if they need to make adjustments.
2. How the Traffic Originated: Did the traffic originate from an affiliate website or Google’s search engine results? This will provide significant insight into marketing campaigns and how they should be structured for the best results.
3. Identifies Visitor Demographics: Any information Google Analytics can provide about the customers, they will include in the report. For instance, Google may include information about the visitor’s recent searches or pages visited prior to visiting your page. This will provide insight into how to market to your visitors to convert sales. A winning strategy will improve chances of increasing revenue.
4. Identify and Learn About the Customers Originating Through Social Media: Social media is an entirely different tool on the Internet. The marketing dollars that should be allocated to social media will be different than other campaigns such as pay-per-click and banner advertisements.
Share of Voice: Higher Level of Goal Measurement
Share of Voice (SOV) describes the total percentage or advertising weight of a market or niche a company has captured. Advertising weight is measured by expenditure, ratings, pages and poster sites. If, for instance, the industry serves 1 million people, and there are 1000 businesses vying for the market share, your company has 25 percent of the SOV available if your business serves 250,000 people. SOV is important to advertisers considering advertising space. A company with 50 to 90 percent SOV of a niche or market is more attractive than a business with only five percent unless the dollar value is significant. Impression Share is a tool used to measure advertisement impressions and can be useful as a metric in determining SOV.
Web Hosting Support
@JulianaPayson works for an Internet Hosting Company InMotion Hosting, well known for their increasing share of voice in the marketplace for web hosting services. From owning your own virtual private server to affordable shared web hosting plans, their customer support has been standing out in social media.